Wednesday, July 06, 2005

USA vs Cuba preview



Cuba is the worst team in the tournament, and the USA likely the strongest. So anything less than a dominating victory will be a disappointment. In the last Gold Cup, it was 5-0 in our favor, with Donovan scoring four times. I would expect at least three goals this time around, since we put up that amount on much better Costa Rica and Panama teams. It will be more exciting to watch some of the players fighting for World Cup spots, like Chris Armas and Jimmy Conrad. Yes, I said exciting and Armas in the same sentence. I also just heard that Marcus Hahnemann will start in goal, so that's another one to watch. The one guy to watch, and who I really hope plays tomorrow so I can see him, is John O'Brien. The USA needs him to be healthy and productive.

Prediction: USA 4-0 Cuba

Comments on "USA vs Cuba preview"

 

post a comment