Sunday, January 29, 2006

USA 5-0 Norway



First things first, it's important not to overreact in either direction. We're not suddenly awesome because of this game, just like how we didn't suck because of the Canada game.

This wasn't even a contest. I mean, we should beat Norway no matter what (even if both teams had all their best players). But I didn't expect it to turn out this way. Taylor Twellman helped himself greatly, by actually finishing some of his chances. The talent has been there, and hopefuly he can keep it going. If he plays with the same form for the USA as with the Revs, then he's a lock.

I was also excited to see Todd Dunivant get a shot at LB. I have been a fan of his for a while, and since there's not a lot of other options, he could make the World Cup roster, you never know. It was a good game for him.

And finally, Dave O'Brien is the new voice of US soccer. I'm not impressed. Let's get somebody who actually knows the game of soccer, I don't care how great his background is. There were countless mistakes that I or any of you would never have made. I think we should stick with JP for now.

Comments on "USA 5-0 Norway"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM, January 29, 2006) : 

Yeah, Dave O'Brien was rough. The Jason Wolff type mistakes didn't bother me as much as how he sounded like he was calling a baseball game.

 

post a comment