One & done, with no league matches
Today, we're going to look at a select group of players. These are the guys who only made one appearance for that particular MLS team, but did not play in a regular season or playoff game. Rather, they only played in an Open Cup or CONCACAF Champions Cup match. There are only eight of them.
1) Kalin Bankov (2001) - The former Mutiny defender and Bulgarian international came on in the 78th minute for Dema Kovalenko in the 3-0 Open Cup 2nd round win over San Diego.
2) Miguel Saavedra (2002) - Played his one match in the Champions Cup quarterfinals at Morelia. The former USA U-18 man came on for David Vaudreuil in the 78th minute.
3) Jared Montz (2005) - Developmental player is still with the team, and made his only appearance coming on for C.J. Brown against Western Mass. in the Open Cup last year.
1) John DeBrito (2001) - Former NE/KC/MET/CLB player made his only Dallas appearance as a starter in the horrible Open Cup loss to the Seattle Sounders Select, and was subbed off in the 52nd minute.
1) Jorge Geddes (2003) - A goalkeeper, came on as a sub in the 61st minute after Doug Warren was red carded. Nick Rimando was already hurt going into the game. They would go on to lose 3-2 on the road. Possibly now a management trainee?
1) Taly Goode (2002) - Another goalkeeper who got into action after Meola/Oshoniyi were both unavailable. Started and got a clean sheet in the Open Cup quarterfinal against Milwaukee.
1) Gilberto Flores (2005) - Picked up from the Metros and started in the Open Cup loss against Chicago.
1) Matt Nyman (2001) - A goalkeeper who came on at half time of the Mutiny's 3-2 away loss at Connecticut in the Open Cup, replacing Scott Garlick.
Chivas USA, Colorado, Columbus, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Real Salt Lake, San Jose