Monday, October 15, 2007

Next Week - Glorious Return to Comp Making

After a much needed break for the past few months, I'll be back at it this coming weekend when I put together the 2007 year end MLS comps. If you don't recall, last year I made a top ten goals of the year video for each MLS team, and an overall best goals video for the league as a whole. I'm doing it again and each video will be uploaded to my Youtube channel, and they'll also be available for download as a pack. So you've got that to look forward to next week.

The great news this year is that due to MLS now requiring every MLS game to be on tv, virtually every game has easy to get highlights. The number of games for which I don't have highlights (the majority of the HDnet exclusives) is around 10. Certainly way less than in recent years, so that means there shouldn't be more than a handful of good goals missing. I think the only one that I know would've made it to a team's top ten list was Blanco's free kick for Chicago against KC.

I spent a few hours this weekend picking out each team's top ten. After the final regular season games, I'll rank them and put the vids together. I'll probably upload them all on Monday. I should mention that they will contain only regular season goals. I know that there are some great goals in the other competitions, but I like to keep it to MLS only.

Like last year, I'm using songs from the current year for the videos, from all genres. I also have a few nice remixes of popular songs, as well as some album tracks. I've already done a random draw to determine which song will go with each team's comp (after taking out the song marked for the overall comp), but you'll have to wait to see the results until I upload them. Oh, and I made sure that the three returning artists from the 2006 year end comps went to different teams this time. I'm a stickler for the details (obviously).

Here's a preview of the song list:

2007 Year End Comps Song List

1 Arctic Monkeys Teddy Picker
2 Basement Jaxx f/Roxanne Shante Make Me Sweat
3 Groove Armada f/Mutya Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)
4 Gwen Stefani f/Akon The Sweet Escape (Konvict remix)
5 Hilary Duff With Love (Richard Vission Vs. Dave Aude Edit)
6 Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand Let Me Think About It
7 Jimmy Eat World Gotta Be Somebody's Blues
8 Justin Timberlake Lovestoned (Tiesto remix)
9 Kanye West f/T-Pain Good Life
10 Lumidee f/Pitbull Crazy
11 M.I.A. $20
12 Modest Mouse Fire It Up
13 Simian Mobile Disco I Believe
14 Travis Eyes Wide Open

Comments on "Next Week - Glorious Return to Comp Making"


Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM, October 18, 2007) : 

Any chance you can get that Blanco FK from someon on BS or something?

Also, any chance of a Open Cup & SuperLiga (non-League) goal compilation?


post a comment