Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Upcoming

The end of the MLS season is the most exciting time of the year to visit this blog. Here's what's in store:

1) The BASAs, which of course is short for "Blogosphere American Soccer Awards." Last year's inaugural edition was a lot of fun, and I plan to do it again this year. Basically, the point is to allow anyone with an American soccer blog to vote on the year's best players in various awards. I'm planning on adding "Best USMNT Player" and "Best YA" awards so it's not entirely about MLS.

A word about the structure: the voting period will be from the end of the last regular season MLS game (10/15, when I will email the ballots out) until the start of the first playoff game. I've been going around and collecting email addresses, so if yours is available publicly on your blog or Blogger profile then I've got it. I'll get the others later. I only plan to include people who blog on a regular basis though.

2) The season-ending "Best goals of 2006" comp. I even know which song I'm going to use already. I'm also thinking about making team specific versions (top tens?) in addition to the league wide one, but that's depending on how much free time I have.

3) Of course, the statistical analysis of the 2006 season. There are several things to look forward to:

All time rankings. Possibly my favorite thing to post about, that's where I will take a look at each team's 2006 performance and tell you exactly how they rank compared to every MLS team season in history, in overall performance, offense, and defense. I'll also show you how they compare to that team's history.

Comparison of how each team's offense and defense improved or worsened in 2006 compared to 2005. For example, last year Dallas had the most improved offense compared to 2004.

Attendance analysis compared to last year. Plus, there's plenty of stats I have to update that I've been posting over the course of the season like "most games without playing an MLS Cup," stuff like that.

Comments on "Upcoming"

 

post a comment