Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CTL on MLSsoccer.com - Column #2

Climbing the Ladder: Home-field advantage

Something I've discussed before in years past. For the person who left the comment about whether or not I'd be able to count shootouts as draws, here's your answer. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to just act like my records are official and the league's aren't. I'll use the official stats unless there's a reason not to, like with this kind of analysis.

For further reading, I recommend this article on the possible causes of HFA.

The Harvard study referenced, which involved the EPL and attendance, can be found here (well, a summary of it).

Labels: ,

Comments on "CTL on MLSsoccer.com - Column #2"

 

Blogger ERic said ... (10:45 AM, March 17, 2011) : 

Is there any way to easily find your column, other than coming here and you linking to it?

I knew it was going to be up yesterday, but had to dig through all the other articles that were posted yesterday to find it.

 

Blogger scaryice said ... (7:12 AM, March 18, 2011) : 

If there is, I'm currently not aware of it.

 

post a comment